Method of marrying a girl in a foreign country

Q: I'm a divorcee and want to do nikaah but we live in different countries. Can we do nikaah and what would be the procedure?

A: Seek the permission of your elders before going ahead. Thereafter, if the nikaah is going to be performed in the country of the boy then appoint a representative to act on your behalf there at the time of nikaah.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)