Q: My sister wants to take khula from her husband due to him having a mental illness. She does not feel secure. Moreover, she's in our house for 4 months already. What is the procedure to khula in this regards?

A: She may request the husband to divorce her.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)