Witnesses for khula'

Q: I have been separated for 4 months and my ex husband as agreed to grant me khula. But I have been told that I need to have witnesses present at the time of requesing and/or the request needed to come from an aalim and not me, thus making my khula invalid.

With my ex husband already granting me separation/annulment of the marriage, is there anything else I need to do? Is the Khula valid? 

A: If he gave it then it is valid.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)