Reuniting after khula'

Q: My wife sent me a paper of khula and I returned the paper after signing it. To complete the formalities we made 3 signatures for khula, now we want ruju after khula is it possible?

A: Khula is equivalent to one divorce, and in order to get back to each other you will have to renew the nikaah.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)