Khula without the consent of the husband

Q: My wife has taken Khulla/talaq with no mediation and no reconciliation. The people who have issued it never heard my case or contacted me. They only sent a notice and then a final notice. Then they issued it and they did not call me or answer my calls. They will not let me in to the offices to appeal. I need a fatwa against it. 

A: Khula can only take place with the consent of the husband. It is not possible without the husband's consent.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)