Requesting khula' due to abuse

Q: Can a lady request khula if she has an ill-tempered husband,who verbally and emotionally abuses her? Also criticises her and her family? Further,  is talaaq valid when issued to a lady who is menstruating?


A: Yes, if she feels that it is not manageable with him.

Yes, though it is sinful to do so.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)