Wife forcing the husband to divorce his second wife

Q: My husband did a secret nikaah and after five years. I have found out that he has another wife and a small child. I have asked him to divorce her and send her back to her country if he wants to have any chance to continue our marriage. He has agreed. However, the guilt of sending the innocent child back is eating me up inside even though I will never accept his second wife or child. What do I do?

A: Make istighfaar and ask him to take good care of his child.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)