Issuing talaaq with a valid reason

Q: I want to marry another girl for that I want to give talaq to my current wife. She lives with her parents. I want to know can I give her talaaq by sending a talaaq note in a paper by post? I want to know what to write in talaaq paper? Simple written talaq will be acceptable or not or do I need any witness signatures?

A: If there is no valid apparent reason for divorce then don't divorce your current wife.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)