Wali for a revert Muslim

Q: I got a question about marriage. I have recently met a girl that has reverted to Islam, and me and her we want to get married, I am a muslim, my parents approve, but her parents are non-muslim and do not approve her getting married. So I was wondering who will be her Wali, as nobody in her family or house hold are Muslims. How do we do it with witnesses when we are doing nikah and she is 18 so its legal.

A: Responsible people of the community may represent her after taking her consent.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)