Revocable divorce

Q: My husband has written out a talaaq-e-rajee stating his granting it and our id numbers, date and time. Is it valid and do I start my iddah now? Do I take the letter to the Imam who married us to confirm?


1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No, you should remain in your home and spend your iddat. Do not leave your home.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)