Making istikhaara to study in a non-Muslim country

Q: I did istikhara to study in a non-Muslim country which came out good. I know that in a non-Muslim country people do anti-Islamic and blasphemous activities or support them. The University itself has a professor who supports blasphemy as freedom of expression. I will not be studying under him, but he is still in that University. I am afraid that due to this, my studying there were affect my love for Islam and the Holy Prophet(Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and that I may be among the bad people in the hereafter. I feel that if I do not boycott this, then I will die as a kafir or I will be questioned that why I studied under and with such people who support blasphemy. My heart says that I believe that Islam, The Holy Prophet(Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam) and the hereafter is important and therefore I must leave the education in that country. Please let me know what to do as the istikhara result was good and I do not know what to do.

A: If you fear that your Deen will be affected by studying in such an institution, then you should not study in such an institution.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)