What is faskh?

Q: I would like to inquire on how a fasakh works?

A: If you are referring to faskh of a marriage then your grievances should be presented to some reliable group of Muslims, preferably Ulama. They will see if you have a valid case and they will follow procedure. If they see that there is a valid reason to annul the nikaah they will do it. This is called faskh.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)