Breastfeeding over 2 years

Q: I didn't know that a mother can breastfeed her baby upto two years. I am feeding my baby boy till now and he is already 2 1/4 years. I have committed sin .What should I do?

A: Make istigfaar for surpassing the limit and immediately stop breastfeeding him.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)