Custody of children after divorce

Q: I want khula from my husband. I have a child and my husband wants that child. What should I do in this case?

A: You have a right to the custody of the child. In the case of a boy, you will have custody until he is seven, and in the case of a girl you will have custody until the age of nine.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)