Visiting one's home country

Q: I was born in Sylhet, Bangladesh and came to the UK at the age of 6. I am currently a permanent resident of UK and only visit my family and friends in Bangladesh after a few years. I still have a family house in Bangladesh but no personal belongings. When I visit Bangladesh, I stay in this house.

I am travelling to Sylhet, Bangladesh for 10 days. Will I be a musafir there or Muqeem? 

A: You will be a musaafir.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)