If a girl does mut'ah, does she leave the fold of Islam?

Q: If someone/girl agrees to a "temporary marriage" aka muta marriage to a shia .. does this mean she leaves the fold of Islam? And if so what are the necessary procedures to come back into islam ?

A: She has committed zina, and if she believes this type of zina to be permissible then this is kufr.

One who has committed kufr needs to recite the kalimah and beg Allah Ta`ala's forgiveness profusely and greatly regret his or her evil.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)