Reconciling after one divorce

Q: Me and my husband had the nikah and English wedding, and now few months ago my husband applied for divorce through the courts. I got the final letter from court few weeks ago. Now my husband say that he want me back.

A: If he has issued just one divorce you may go back to him with a new nikaah.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)