Observing purdah from one's brother in-law

Q: My brother in law always shows anger on me and whenever he sits with others he want to show I am a little girl. He is a regular namazi but his language is bad. My husband is good man. Can you tell me any dua so that my brother in-law can keep quite about me. I am upset and because of him I often do not take my meals.


A: Observe purda with your brother in-law. Insha Allah there won't be any problems thereafter. Refer to http://muftionline.co.za/node/419

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.

عن عقبة بن عامر : أن رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم قال إياكم والدخول على النساء فقال رجل من الأنصار يا رسول الله ! أفرأيت الحمو ؟ قال الحمو الموت (ترمذي 1/220)

عن علي رضي الله عنه أنه كان عند رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال أي شيء خير للمرأة فسكتوا فلما رجعت قلت لفاطمة أي شيء خير للنساء قالت ألا يراهن الرجال فذكرت ذلك للنبي صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال إنما فاطمة بضعة مني رضي الله عنها (مسند البزار رقم 526)

Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)