Performing Nikaah after obtaining permission from the girl

Q: I just came to the US and I want to get married next year when my daddy goes to Africa, but I would not be there because I will be in school by that time. Is it permitted for the man to meet my parents and get married to me when I am not there?

A: Yes, after they have obtained your consent the nikaah can be done in the presence of adult male witnesses.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)