Giving zakaat to na-baaligh children

Q: Can we give zakat of 10 hazar ruppee every month to one brothers children who are small. The brother is divorced and he has to provide for his kids who are living with his ex wife. The brother has married again and has to support his wife and his dad and he earns so less that he cannot afford to give 10 hazar to his children. Can the sister and other family members like cousins pay zakat to him so he can pay his children?

A: Yes. It is permissible. Give the money to the children's guardian on their behalf.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)