Repenting for committing zina

Q: I had sex with a non-Muslim married girl 5 years ago. She was divorced earlier so she converted to Islam and now we are married. How do we repent for our sin?

A: You both should sincerely repent to Allah Ta'ala for the sin committed and make a firm resolve that you both will lead a pure and chaste life in the future.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)