Reconciling after iddat

Q: My husband gave me divorce 1 time and my iddat has also got finished. Is there any way I can go back to my husband if he contacts me.

A: If both of you wish to get back together then a new nikaah needs to be performed with a new mahr.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)