Preparing one's will according to Shariah

Q: I need to do my will but do not know what percentage the distribution should be. I am married, have 1 son and 2 daughters and a mother. Also with regards to my property, my husband has said that I can leave his share to the children. Is this allowed in my will?

A: The shares are already stipulated in the shariah. The husband has a stipulated share. You cannot cancel this nor can he cancel it in your lifetime.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)