Spending iddat at one's father's house

Q: I have recently been divorced spending iddat by my father. He has been making my life a living misery, speaking a lot of lies and calling me ugly names. Last night things got out of hand and he kicked me out of the house, disowned me and said he doesn't want anything to do with me. I don't have any family to go to. Is it possible to spend the rest of my iddat alone in another city?

A: As far as possible, try and spend your iddat at your father's place. If you can't then you may spend it elsewhere.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)