Annulling the marriage (Faskh)

Q: What is the procedure of doing faskh to annul the nikah?


A: Fask cannot be enacted independently. One should go to the Jamiat of the area one lives in and present one's case. If after all the necessary steps and procedures are adopted and the panel of Ulama', after contacting both parties ascertain that the critical nature of the marriage allows fask, the fask will be enacted by the Jamiat. 

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)