Lineage of a child whose mother is involved in an illicit relationship

Q: I am married and by mistake had an affair with a guy. Now I am pregnant and that guy forces me to continue the relationship otherwise he will claim for that baby from me. Please tell me what should I do now. Here I need to clear that I am not sure that the baby is from that guy or from my husband. I seek forgivness of Allah for the sin and I pray to Allah that the baby belongs to my husband. Please help me in this issue.

A: End the relationship immediately and make taubah.

According to the shariah, the child will be from your husband.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)