Renewing one's Imaan and making tawbah for uttering words of kufr

Q: If I uttered a kufr or shirk word, is it enough to say shahadah again or do I have to do tawba?

A: You will also have to make tawba. You should sincerely beg Allah Ta’ala to forgive you and make a firm resolve that you will not repeat the sin in the future. If you had uttered the wrong words in the presence of people, then you should inform them of your tawba.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)