Taubah for having relations with someone else's wife

Q: If anyone commits adultery or fahashi with someone else's wife, but not sexual intercourse, how does he ask repent to Allah for this sin? Is this huqooq ul ibaad or not?

A: He should form a habit of daily performing two rakaats of salaat-ut-taubah and thereafter profusely beg Allah Ta`ala for His forgiveness and special help. Together with that, he should also contemplate over death and the stages after death, imagining that it is the time of his death and the angel of death is about to remove his soul and so forth. If the thought of committing this sin comes to mind he should immediately think that what if death comes at this moment.

Further, he should commence with the following daily program:
(1) Ta`leem of Fazaa'il-e-A`maal, Fazaa'il-e-Sadaqaat and Bahishti Zewar.
(2) Recitation of a portion of the Qur'aan Shareef and some zikr.
(3) Du`aa at the end of each session.

He should also promise Allah Ta`ala never to go near that woman or speak to her.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)