Father's responsibility for his illegitimate child

Q: If a man has an illegitimate child from an unmarried wonan, what should he do to protect the honour of the child?

A: He is not at all responsible for this child. The woman is in charge and he should be more concerned about making taubah and correcting himself.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)