Q: In a business we are two partners. The one partner works in the business and takes a salary. When there is profit sharing how do we get our profits?

A: The profits will be shared pro rata to the ownership in the company e.g. one partner own 30% and the other 70% of the company. The profit sharing will be in accordance to their ownership (i.e. 30% and 70%). However if they mutually agree that one partner will take more profit than the other, it will be permissible on condition that the working partner does not receive less percentage of the profit than his ownership in the company.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)