Revoking a talaaq

Q: I asked my husband for a divorce and he wrote it down on a piece of paper for me but did not want to divorce me and now we have gone back together again. Is this permissible as he says someone told him he can take me back within the 3 months period. What to do?

A: It is correct.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)