Replacing money that was stolen with interest money

Q: Someone has committed fraud against me and stolen my money. I also have an account that accumalates interest which I dispose as charity. Based on what has happend, can I take the interest money an replace with the money I lost?

A: No.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)