Poor person using interest money to settle water account

Q: My municipality water account has run high due to unforeseen reasons. The amount is not a substantial amount. I am old and currently receiving pension. It will take me many many years to pay it off. Please advise if interest money can be used to pay it off.

A: If you do not have any other wealth you can pay it off with interest.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)