Manner of revoking a talaaq

Q: Does a first talaaq have to be revoked by sex or can a husband say I take you back into my nikkah?

A: By the husband merely saying to the wife in the iddat period "I have taken you back", the rujoo (retraction) will take place.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)