Going to a Hindu for jadoo treatment

Q: A Maulana who is an Imaam of the Jaami Masjid of our town for more than 20 years said that it is permissible to go to a Hindu for jadoo treatment because it is the same as going to a Hindu cardiologist.

Please comment. Does it not bring a person close to kufr and shikr?

A: We totally discourage going to a Hindu for these types of treatments as in most cases the practices they carry out entail acts of kufr and shirk or seeking help from the shayaateen or idols.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)