Travelling for Umrah with a baaligh son

Q: I want to perform umrah but my husband does not have the time. He said that you have to go with your son. My son is 12 years old and he is baligh as per sharia law but he is not 18. I have doubt on it. Kindly tell me if it is possible to perform umrah with my son?

A: Yes.

And Allah Ta'ala (الله تعالى) knows best.


Answered by:

Mufti Zakaria Makada

Checked & Approved:

Mufti Ebrahim Salejee (Isipingo Beach)